Slider

Blogotber: The Evolution of Mara Dyer Book Review

17 October 2014

Title: The Evolution of Mara Dyer
Author: Michelle Hodkin
Number of Pages: 527
The Basics : Mara never thought it could get worse, but she is proved wrong and things go from bad to worse. After finding out that Jude, her ex-boyfriend is alive she is committed to a mental institute. Mara soon realizes that the things that she thought were just in her head are not, she learns more about her past, and most importantly she learns more about her strange, powerful, and very dangerous abilities with the help of her boyfriend Noah Shaw. 






My Musings:

 After reading The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer I found myself in shock and couldn't wait to read the second book in the trilogy. So once I got my hands on The Evolution of Mara Dyer, I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen next. I wanted to know what would happen to Mara now that her ex-boyfriend is now back from the dead, as well as what would happen with her and the handsome, mysterious Noah Shaw. As I held the book in my hands I began to prepare myself for the craziness Mara and Noah might uncover.
      As soon as I finished the first page I was hooked. I loved how creepy and enigmatic the book was. Right away you find yourself on the edge of your seat trying to figure out what’s going on with Mara. Is she really crazy? Is she possessed? Or is something more going on? The weird mental patients and the crazy things that Jude did left me both creeped out and worried for Mara and Noah. The author did a fantastic job writing the book without giving anything away. I was left guessing and grasping for anything that could answer one of my many questions.
     I loved how the author took the time to develop other characters. I loved Jamie and his funny sarcasm and witty comments; he definitely lightened the mood throughout the whole book. Jamie was a great character and I loved having him back as Mara’s close friends. He definitely added some sass to this book, which I loved. Daniel, Mara’s older brother quickly became one of my favorite characters second only to the ever passionate Noah Shaw. I loved how Daniel was still able to be that annoying older brother, quipping jokes at Mara, and was also was able to be sweet and sensitive to Mara’s situation.
     Though the creepy factor was high throughout the whole book there were no shortages of Noah and Mara moment, or any witty quotes form Noah. I really liked how Noah was constantly there for Mara, and how he did everything he could for her. I personally found it a little annoying how dependent Mara was on Noah in the beginning of the novel, but as I got further in Mara became more independent. I didn't think it was possible to love Noah more than I did in the last book, but I do!
     I clearly loved the romance factor of the book. It was honestly on point. The only thing that bothered me was, like I mentioned, Mara's dependence on Noah, but at the same time I understand because she herself is unraveling.
     The last chapters were wild! There was a crazy twist that I never saw coming. And by the end of the book I was in a big state of shock, and I couldn't believe what had happened. This book will leave you breathless, shocked and sad.

Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan