Slider

Top Ten Books I've Read So Far This Year

29 June 2015

Seeing as this was my junior year, which means SAT's and AP Tests and Mock AP test finals and projects and worrying about college. And that means I didn't get much reading time so this weeks prompt is actually really hard for me. But here are the top books I've read so far this year.

1. Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone. I finished this book on Sunday, and I'm still having major feels because of it It's such an amazing novel! It's essentially about a picture perfect girl, with the perfect high school life, who has OCD and is in fact someone entirely different than who she comes across as. She discovers a way to be who she wants to be through words and help from amazing people and the stories that they shared with her. Here is my book review

2. Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck. My English teacher had us read this book during our last couple weeks, and while other students groaned and complained I was so happy to have a reading break among the craziness of my day. I fell in love with this book and devoured it. It broke my heart, shattered my soul, but it's one of those books that are with shedding tears over. Its so achingly amazing!

3.Gates of Thread and Stone by Lori M Lee. This is one of the best fantasy books I've read in a while. It captured my attention and I couldn't put it down. It's amazing and definitely worth reading :) Here is my review.

4. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I read this book for the first time this year for class, and I fell in love with every aspect of it. I love the many layers of symbolism, the crazy plot, the characters, everything really.

5. Liar by Justine Larbalestier. Omg. Many people told me that this book was good but it never really sparked my interest, but once I finally picked it up I couldn't put it down. It was amazing, filled with twists and turns and surprises that will leave you breathless and in awe. I love the whole unreliable narrator thing and this book is a great example of that! Review Here

6. We Should Hang Out Sometime by Josh Sundquist. Okay one thing first, he commented on the picture I posted of my review and I totally fangirled! Moving on, its such a great book. It's funny and real. It gives you insight not only into Josh's life but into your own. It's a great book!! I was so lucky to receive a copy of this book from the publisher!! Review Here

7. A Magic Dark and Bright  by Jenny Adams Periodic. It was an amazing fantasy read! It was dark and creepy in the best way. The romance was on point, but most importantly the plot was amazing! It wasn't something that keep you on your toes so much as kept you reading page after page, like the way you eat chips. Book review here

8. Suspicion by Alexandra Monir. This books was great. I loved the twisty parts and the overall storyline. There were parts of the book I didn't really like, and parts I found a lot of fault in, but overall it was a nice read. It captured my attention and had me rooting for the characters. Review here

9. A Little Something Different  by Sandy Hall. Okay so the only reason this is so low on the list is because I haven't finished reading it yet. I'm about three quarters of the way done it's literally amazing! I love this book so much! It's so cute and just funny and amazing! I can't put it down!

10. Paper Towns by John Green. Because I love John Green and because this book, like all his books, is so heartbreakingly beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan