Slider

Top Ten Books I Would Revisit From My Childhood/Middle School Years

24 March 2015


Most of these books on my list I read in elementary school or middle school. The reading bug didn't bit me until a later in life. I actually used to not be a fan. But I just hadn't read the right book or found the right genre. Anyways there are a lot of books I love and would love to reread, so here's my list.

1. The Inkheart Series. These were some of the first books I fell in love with. I remember I read them in elementary school. These were some of the first books that made me want to stay up all night to read. As a 10 year old I had a "bedtime" so I used go to the bathroom and read in there so I wouldn't get in trouble. 

2. Hold Still. I don't really have words for this book. Sometimes life kind of just sucks and you find something, a song, a book, a person, you can relate to. This was kind of one of those books for me. 

3. Before We Were Free. My sister gave this to me as a present and the story just was so amazing, raw, that it both broke my heart and made me fall in love with it.

4. Ever. This book was the book that made me actually enjoy reading. Before this book I didn't know it was possible to care so much about characters. 

5. Twilight Child. This is definitely a sorely underrated book which sucks because it's so good. The cover is really striking and the story is even more so. It's about a girl with the ability to see faeries and her life. It's actually really good, there's action, love, drama, friendship and all that jazz. 

6. East. I'm not really sure what it was about this book, but I picked it up and fell in love with it. It's this weird love story that at times but it's a good one. The main character, is strong and bad-ass and trust me there are a lot of cute swoon worthy moments.

7. The Graveyard Book. SO GOOD. This book is amazing. I pretty much gobbled it all up. I have my older brother to thank for this. He actually made me a list of book he wanted to read and he even said he'd pay me (not that he did or that I remember). But this book was just amazing!

8. Esperanza Rising. I don't really remember how I got my hands on this book but I'm so glad I did. This isn't some fluffy YA book. It's an important story that for a lot of people was their actual life and it touched mine.

9. If I Stay. This book had a profound effect on me. I read it when I was about 12 and it changed a lot of things for me. For one my expectations for a boyfriend increased because Adam.

10.  13 Reasons Why. Reading allows people to see things from a different perspectives. I didn't really understand suicide or what it meant to be so sad then I read this and wow. I think I was 11 or 12. This is one of my favorite books but it's also one of the most heartbreaking books i've read. As much as it made me cry, it's a book I hold dear and would like to revisit

11. The Sumoning Series. I LOVED these books. I devoured them as a middle schooler. I even met Kelly Armstrong and totally fangirled. If you love fantasy you'll love this series. 

 Hosted by the Broke and Bookish 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan