Slider

If You Liked Perks of Being a Wallflower You'll like These Ten Books

09 March 2015


I love The Perks of Being a Wallflower, it's one of my favorite books of all time. For today's TTT, in case the title didn't give it away, I'm going to be listing ten books that I think are perfect for coming of of post PBW depression. If you liked the Perks of Being a Wallflower, you'll like ten Contemporary YA books. 

10. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowel. This is so much more than just a love story. It's a tragic tale of two outsiders trying to belong somewhere, and that somewhere just happened to be together. It's an amazing book and will tug at your heart strings.

9. If I Stay by Gayle Foreman. I LOVE this book so much. When I first read it I was literally a pool of tears. My emotions where everywhere. The sequal is good too, and definitely dragged me back down into the sadness the first book brought. This one does isn't nearly as dark as The Perks 

8. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. At first I wasn't a big fan of the book. But the more I got into it, the more I saw the main character, Samantha, develop the more the story sunk it's sad paws on me. By the end of it I can safely say I was crying and frustrated (in a good way)

7.Crash and Burn by Micheal Haasan. This book is freakin amazing. It's real and raw and sad and gritty. It's not a book you'd read to find a happy ending, But it's oh so good. 

6. The Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp. Equal parts tragic and funny. I love Sutter. He's just one of those characters you can't help but want to help, be their friend, and be there for them. The story is amazing. I definitely recommend it, but I will warn you, the ending is so not what you'd want. Here's my Review

5. After Ever After by Jordan Sonnenblick. This is book two in a series but I feel like you could read both books seperatly and admire and love both of them. The first is called Drums, Girls, and Dangerous Pie. This book is amazing. It's funny and it focuses on healing and moving forward. Yet this book still managed to break my heart.

4. It's Kind Of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini. This book killed me. I'm a ghost now. It's such an amazing and sad and sometimes funny and crazy and my fangirl emotions are overwhelming me right now. It's a book that everyone should read.

3. The Outsiders by S.E Hinton. I had to read this in 9th grade. This book really stuck with me the same way The Perks did. It's a story that everyone should read. It's really good and worth tearing up and crying over.

3.5 Rules by Cynthia Lord. I love this book so much. There aren't many books like this one.  I remember when I read it, I fell in love with it because I could relate so much to the main character, 

2. Love Letters to The Dead by Ava Dellaira. Its hauntingly beautiful. The book itself is simple and the writing isn't anything special, but I think it makes the story line and the actual words stand out so much more. It's simply sad I guess. Here's my book review. 

1. Looking for Alaska by John Green. I love John Green. I love TFIOS. I love Looking For Alaska too. It's gritty and raw like The Perks, but has hope sprinkle here and there. It's sad and tragic and funny even. This book is on point. Here's my playlist for the book. 


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and Bookish

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan