Slider

Top Ten Tuesday

26 January 2015

Top Ten Tuesday Perks of Being a Reader

This weeks theme is top ten books that I would read with my book club if I had a book club. Now, I've been in book clubs before and when I was younger it was fun and awesome. As a sophomore I tried to get back into it but I didn't a)know anyone b)they weren't too open to new people. So that didn't end well. Technically though, because a lot of my friends are book nerds and love YA fiction we all tend to read the same books and vent to each other so it's kind of like having a book club. So With my non-official book club i'de love to read...


  1. Harry Potter books by J.K Rowling.You can never ever fangirl enough over Harry Potter. These books are amazing and I'm sure anyone one would be down to read them again. 
  2. The Selection. I have a confession. I've never actually read these or pecked them up. I've heard people rave and recommend this book to me like crazy, yet I still haven't picked up the series. I definitely want to and I'm sure it would make me read them faster if I knew I had people I could talk to and vent to. 
  3. The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare. Because this series made me cry. Because these characters are some of my favorite. Because of all the damn feels I get from this book. Ted just about sums it up. I need to share this experience with people. I've done it once on my own, why not have people who understand my fangirl emotions? 
  4. Made You Up by Francesca Zappia. I don't think this has come out yet, but I feel like this book would be great for a book club. It's about schizophrenia and a girl who deals with it and continues to have a normal life. I feel like by sharing this book with other people and talking about it, you are also able to talk about mental health and the stigma around it. (Jacksgap made a video I really liked about this). This is an important issue to discuss and I think that this book will allow for people to gauge a whole new, and hopefully more accepting understanding of mental health. 
  5. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin. Or more accurately the Trilogy.These books are so creepy, so good, so cute, so amazing that it warrants a lot of hypothesizing and fangirling. 
  6. Court of Thrones and Roses. This is by Sarah J. Mass. I read Throne of Glass with my last book club, it seems fair to read this one with it as well. I love Sarah J. Mass and I feel like this book wouldn't let us down.
  7. Cinder Series by Marissa Meyer. I've only read the first one. (review here) but I already know that i'm going to need people around me who will understand what I am going through and freak out with me. 
  8. Vanishing Girls Lauren Oliver. I think this would just be fun to read and see how other people react to it. 
  9. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowel. Seeing as my main reasoning for joining a book club now is mainly for fangirling and having people to fangirl with it only makes sense that we read Fangirl.
  10. City of Savages by Lee Kelly. Because this looks cool.
Me every time I read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan