Slider

Top Ten "Can't Wait For" Books of 2015

05 January 2015

This year is going to be awesome. My book goal is set at 55, hopefully I'll be able to read more than 55 books, but seeing as school is going to be driving me bonkers this year I figured this was a safer estimate. I was on goodreads, because that's kinda what I do with my free time. That and sing obnoxiously loud and off key... yup! Anyways I was on goodreads and I found all these AMAZING to DIE FOR books that I need to read sometime this year.
  1. Made You Up by Francesca Zappia. This about a girl with schizophrenia and who is battling it. First of all the cover is beautiful. Second the whole idea behind this book is amazing and I honestly think this will be one awesome book. Alex, the main character is starting to feel normal as she goes through the rights of teen-age-dom, and it freaks her out. I'm so excited for this book
  2. My Heart and Other Black Holes by  Jasmine Warga. It's about a girl and a boy who from a suicide pact. This one is going to break my heart. As will many of the books on this list. Not going to lie I have a penchant for really sad books for some reason.  
  3. The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma. It's a mystery, paranormal YA book about a ghost and two living worlds and the secrets they hide. It seems really interesting and I like the idea of adding the ghost in the midst of it all. 
  4. Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver. First I love Lauren Oliver. Her writing is amazing and she's just plain amazing. The book is about two sisters dealing with a life changing accident that scars one of them and forever changes their bond. Once one of the sisters, Dara, and another girl disapears, Nick has to find her sister before it's too late. Tell me you don't want to read this now.
  5. I was Here by Gayle Foreman. Gayle Foreman is such a great writer. She conveys emotions so well and I pretty much love anything she writes. I'm sure i'll love this book just as much. It's about two friends Meg and Cody. Meg commits suicide and Cody is left to figure it all out. 
  6. The Last Time We Say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand. Lex is dealing with her brother's suicide and a test that could have changed everything. Suicide is way too common in our society. I think by exposing it more in books, and movies, and the media to help those feel this way less alone is important. However, I DO NOT want it to be romanticized, because there is nothing romantic about someone ending their life.
    I DO want for it not to be taboo to talk about. I DO want people to recognize that depression is a sickness. I DO want those who suffer from it to know nothing is wrong with them and that they need help to get better. Well I went off on a rant there...
  7. Like it Never Happened by Emily Adrian.This is about a girl who changes herself up, finds happiness, and of course isn't supposed to date the guy she really, really likes. I think this will be a fun read, with a cute little romance in it. Imma need something upbeat after all these tear tearjerker books.
  8. The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black. Holly Black is really freakin' amazing! She's also super sweet in person. I met her a couple years ago at the Teen Convention in L.A one of the best days of my life. I met so many authors this day... Good times. Anyways this is about a place were fae and humans live side by side. People come visit thinking the faeries are harmless. However, one day Pan wakes up and everything is gonna change. This is going to be one awesome, action packed book. I'm sooo excited for this one! 
  9. None of the Above by I.W. Gregorio. It's about an intersex girl who finds out she's intersex. I think the premise of this book is great and i'm eager to read this. I hope that the author pulls this subject off well. I think if done right this book can be amazing!
  10. The Stars Never Rise by Rachel Vincent. There appears to be fantasy, romance and humor in this book. Plus I hear good things about this author. I'm sure this book will be awesome!
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and Bookish

Also I just joined Instagram, feel free to follow me there :)

Have an awesome Tuesday!! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan