Slider

6 Ways to Be a Happier Person

24 July 2015

Okay so I've been thinking a lot lately about being happy and about how hard it is to be happy.Sometimes life is hell bent on being crazy and difficult and scary. It's hard to remember to be happy in the face of it all. Sometimes we get caught up in all the crazy that we forget to smile and just enjoy the moment.


  1. Set up time for yourself. I can't stress how important it is to set up time where you can just do nothing or maybe something you've been wanting to do. Whether it's just listening to music, watching your favorite show, doing some yoga, or having a dance party, it's important to give yourself a break. My sister is constantly telling me to practice self care. For me that means deep breathing and relaxation exercises as well as some reading time. You need to out yourself first because this is your life and you deserve to enjoy it. 
  2. Let go of what you can't control. I have this really bad habit of wanting to control everything and anything. And that means I get stressed out  a lot. I have to remember that I can't control people, or situations. I need to let go and just breath, For example, right now I can right the best personal statement I can and make sure my application is perfect, after that it's out of my hands. I know it can be crazy scary to let go of the reigns but trust me you'll feel a lot better for it. 
  3. Exercise. You don't have to get all fitness guru and try out crazy work outs. You just need to have a couple moments out of your head doing something that release endorphins which in turn make you feel better. You can try Zumba (its really fun) or Kickboxing, or watch some videos online. Walk your dog, go for a run with your dog. Someone once told me that having a dog is like having  a drunk best friend. 
  4. Create a reasonable work schedule. Don't try and push yourself to the brink constantly and not expect to fall a couple times. Don't try and pack things in when you know it'll make you stressed out and tired and miserable. You know yourself best, do the things you handle, push yourself, but don't burn yourself out. If you have work due soon, then work on it slowly so you don't have to do it all in one go. Procrastination causes stress which creates a not so happy person. Also you become very sleep deprived this way. I would know. So work on something the minute you know about and slowly get it done. You'll stress less this way. 
  5. Stop comparing yourself, your life to others. I saw this quote on tumblr that read "don't compare your beginning to someone else's middle" and it's true. By becoming an envious person upset that life isn't like their idols, or friends your letting your life pass you by. You shouldn't compare yourself to others because everyone has their own thing going on, you need to find your own. Looking around at how someone dresses and how they live life isn't going to help you. You need to do you without trying to look at what the rest of the people in the world are doing. You, my friend, are awesome and beautiful and badass. You got this. You are you and that is more than enough don't try and lessen that by comparing yourself to someone else.
  6. Spend time with people you care about. Don't shut yourself to the world. Go out, have fun give yourself a break from all the crazy. Make a coffee date with your best friend, go watch a movie, or better yet have a movie marathon with some junk food. Trust me a few hours of just having fun with people you can vent to or can make you forget about the bad stuff is worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan